Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pittsburgh is for art lovers

The Doctor and I went to the Warhol Museum today.  It's located just across downtown, just over the Andy Warhol bridge (how lucky is it that Andy Warhol was born in a city with a bridge that has the same name as him, right?!).

Now, I'm a big art lover.  So's the Doctor.  And while this is definitely a museum worth seeing, it didn't wow us.

Maybe I'm not a big Warhol fan yet.

Although, they do have a cool gift shop, where you can get kitschy cool stuff like the "inspiration gift box" to the right.

It might very well be the most hip place in the 'burgh I have visited thus far, what the video installations and the hip music playing and the young hip kids working there, all dressed in black with nose piercings.  All I kept thinking about was when I used to go to clubs in the east village in NYC and felt like I didn't belong.

Or maybe that's what Warhol wants me to think.  Genius!

Luckily, there was a bar across the street, filled with some folks emptying out of the Pirates game.  And I definitely felt hip enough there to sit and enjoy a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment