Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pittsburgh is pride

So last night I’m on the bus, heading dahntan (aka “downtown).  It’s about 6 pm and I catch the 61C at Philips and Murray.  A few minutes later, I see this guy wearing a Pens jersey (Penguins, our hockey team, duh) and I think, “I need to get me one of those”. 

Another couple of minutes go by, some Pitt students get on in Oakland, all three wearing different Pens jerseys.  I assume they must be going to the game together but I realize, they’re not talking to each other at all. 

As we drive east, more people with Pens shirts and jerseys board the bus and slowly I am surrounded by yellow and black.  I look out the window and now we’re getting closer to the Consol Energy Center and all I see are people wearing Pens shirts and jerseys. 

Everywhere.

Now, I’ve seen displays of team pride before, but the floodwater of yellow cascading over the sidewalks is slightly overwhelming.

I must admit, though, I suddenly wished I was going to that game instead of staying on the bus.  

I can't wait to witness the madness of a Stillers game.

No comments:

Post a Comment