Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pittsburgh is for playwrights

Yep, still here.  Sorry haven't posted for awhile, but its been a busy week.

Last weekend, the Dramatists Guild of America (of which I am a proud member) descended upon the city of Pittsburg for the entire weekend and I attempted to go to as many of the events and panels as possible.

Many thanks go to the DG Regional Rep and luminary local playwright Tammy Ryan for such a stellar and well-organized series of events.

The Doctor and I went to see the Festival in Black & White at Pittsburgh Playwrights, a festival with the inspiring idea to have black directors direct plays by white playwrights and white directors direct plays by black playwrights.  The result was a wonderful evening of contrasts and similarities.  The evening we saw had a production of the first play August Wilson ever wrote, The Janitor.

We saw a production of La Ronde at The Playhouse at Point Park University, and there was a panel on women in theater with some distinguished female actors, directors and writers.  The weekend culminated with a session at the Pittsburgh Public.

All in all, a good weekend, but a busy one.  Which is to say, this is my explanation for why I'm so behind on everything else.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment