Monday, October 4, 2010

Pittsburgh is for 'arn


Here’s a peculiar thing about Pittsburgh.  

(Okay, really it’s about the whole state of Pennsylvania, otherwise known as the Quaker state.)

It's the beer situation. 

The first time I went to the beer store, and by beer store, I mean beer distributor because you can't just get your six pack at 7/11 or something, I walked around a long, long time.  All I could think was, they must have a high demand for cases here in da 'burgh.

I was informed by the friendly beer seller that we don't do 6 packs here (except for buying it from a bar directly which is like getting your buffalo wings to go). 

Now, it's not a big deal that I have to go to the state run liquor store to get my wine (even for a guy who lived in Vegas where you could practically buy hard liquor out of vending machines at daycare centers) but I find it slightly inconvenient to have to peruse a warehouse-style distributor to get my beer.  Especially since this town is a pretty big beer town.  You think they'd make it easier.  

For some reason, you didn't have to twist my arm to buy a whole case of Yuengling and case of Iron City, otherwise known as an “Arn”, ie: “I’ll have an ‘Arn”.  So I guess its an inconvenience that I really don't mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment